Thursday, March 29, 2012

Act 3 ending

Its been 5 months since Torvald and Nora have last seen each other. Nora has been residing with Miss Linde when one day they got a knock on the door.
Torvald: (Knocks on the door)

Miss. Linde: Who is it?

Torvald: Torvald, Open up Kristina I must speak with Nora!

(Awkward silence)

Miss.Linde: (whispers to Nora): Its Helmer what should I do Nora?

Nora: (quietly) Tell him I’m not here. I do not wish to speak to him.

Miss. Linde: She’s not here Torvald, come back another time!

Torvald: Do not lie to me women, I hear you two talking open up or I’ll kick the door down!

(Nora gives Miss Linde a nod. Miss. Linde walks away and Nora opens the door)

Nora: What do you want Torvald!

Torvald: Oh Nora, how I missed your pretty face. Please give me the time and day to atleaste talk to you.

Nora: Your just making things difficult. I’ve been much happier here with Kristina and I’m finding new things about myself day by day.

Torvald: Dont you miss me Nora?

Nora: Of course I do but-

Torvald: .. And the children?

Nora: Of course I think of them everyday but Torvald-

Torvald: So come home Nora, where you belong, with your family. I had 5 months to think of everything you told me the day you left me. I took every word into deep consideration Nora. Things will change.. Just let me show you.

Nora: Oh I don’t know ....

Torvald: Think with your heart Nora.. you miss the children and I and we miss you too.

Nora: Torvald, you cant just pop up out of the blue. This is a big decision that I just cannot make at this moment. It just wouldn't be fair to me or to you. Torvald please let me come to my decision on my own.

Torvald: I understand Nora, you know where to find me and I’ll always be here if you need me.. don’t you ever hesitate. I love you Nora.

(Torvald and Nora give each other a hug before he leaves. Torvald leaves the front steps and goes home)

No comments: